When we tried to re-insert the NG tube, it did not go well. Jules started to bleed in his nose, vomited several times, and he choked during the insertion process and the tube went through his nose and out his mouth. Scott and I were both shaky and exhausted. I cried two times watching Jules suffer and scott only yelled at me once. It was quite nerve racking.
Gigi has had a fever all day.
Finally, we got Gigi to bed and Jules was asleep with a new NG tube. It was ten o'clock and we thought we could finally collapse in bed. We were wrong.
At eleven, Our night nurse accidentally pulled Julian's NG tube out AGAIN! We struggled to get it back in, scratching the back of his throat and causing more nose bleeding and much vomiting. On the fourth try, it finally went back in.
At twelve thirty, Gigi woke up crying with her fever back. By the time we gave her more tylenol and made sure Jules okay, it was one in the morning and we had each changed shirts twice from the vomit and blood, our room was destroyed, and we were completely depleted.
I stared at the ceiling bug-eyed on adrenaline and fell asleep around two in the morning.
Jules has been coughing a lot ever since and we are worried that we really hurt his throat with the NG tube.
Gigi has had a fever all day.
We are so wiped out.
Joy
2 comments:
I am sorry it was such a tough one. WE keep wanting to be there with you and hope you know we are, in our way.
I'm sorry you had a rough night - wishing you much peace and rest.
Laura
Post a Comment