Thursday, July 2, 2009

Always on the fence

Jules is doing great in my opinion.
He gained 14.4 grams a day!
Our pediatrician thought that bought us merely another two weeks dodging the G tube surgery. The nutritionist thought it was awesome.
I feel strongly that since he is on an upward eating trajectory, we are out of the G tube woods. But, I'm ont the doctor.
Speaking of upward trajectories, two weeks ago, he was eating days of 500ccs. Last week, 600cc days were the norm. And he started out this week in the 700s!
Keren, are you reading this?? I know you are on vacation, but you might do a little dance if you read this. Drum roll please....
He just drank 800ccs!!!!! It is amazing. I know certain people will be shocked in a good way.
I was a little startled myself when I added up the numbers four times to make sure I wasn't crazy.
He is a super star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, he could just turn all that eating into body mass and get up to 15grams a day so the doctors stopped being so freaked out and scaring me all the time, we would be sitting pretty.
But, I am very pleased about his progress.
On a final note, he is down to .1 liters of oxygen 24/7. I ONLY HAVE 1 MACHINE to take care of and he only has one set of tubes on his face. It is heaven!!
And only six medications.
Goodnight,
Joy

3 comments:

Wiley Coyote said...

Jules is doing amazing! I totally agree that the G tube is unnecessary. :) Doing a little happy dance for you guys!

Tiffany said...

This is looking like great news. On the way to becoming an eating machine. The OT/PT sounds like it is going well. I can't wait for you to move into your house again! Hopefully they will be done before fall. With drywall up so quickly, is that a possibility. Call me tomorrow. We are heading home from Niagara Falls- camping. I got your message and now you are in flight home.
Love T

Keren said...

Yay!!! What a great way to end my vacation! I am so proud of Jules and so happy for the whole family. Ill see you later this week :)