| From Bris and Other Stuff |
Highs:
Jules had his bris and came through it like a champ. Thank you to our mohel, Dr. Loren who did a fantastic job facilitating the procedure, managing Julian's pain with morphine and a nerve block, and getting both Jules and me (the mom) through it with minimal suffering.
Scott and I are so sad about this and it was a rough day coming from the happiness of finally experiencing the significant occassion of Julian's bris to the blindside of another few weeks of hospitalization, including a surgery for Jules. We are falling into bed, feeling a bit defeated, but still happy from celebrating the simcha of his bris.
Lows:
We have been preparing to bring Jules home on Thursday.
Unfortunately, the swallow study he went through today showed micro-aspirations when he tried to drink from a bottle. The doctors believe he needs surgery for a Gastric tube, or a "g" tube as they call it, which would delay his home coming significantly.
Scott and I are so sad about this and it was a rough day coming from the happiness of finally experiencing the significant occassion of Julian's bris to the blindside of another few weeks of hospitalization, including a surgery for Jules. We are falling into bed, feeling a bit defeated, but still happy from celebrating the simcha of his bris.
Joy
2 comments:
Sorry to hear about the setback. It's a winding road, but it's headed forward.
I got into a conversation with a neonatologist at a coffee shop yesterday. He said "how do you know so much about this?" ;)
Ugh. Like a blow to the gut. I'm so sorry. I hope that once again Jules' recovery is quicker than they anticipate.
Post a Comment