Gigi finished her fever, but developed some sort of bacterial rash that required $75 ointment to conquer the infection.
Last night was terrible, Jules coughed for hours and hours on end and gagged so hard, his NG tube came out part-way. I didn't sleep a wink. The nurse came to get us at two am for help with Jules.
Our house looks like a cyclone hit it.
Scott had to leave work early to take gigi to the doctor for her rash because they wouldn't let me go to the pediatrics clinic with a fever and sore throat. Plus, I can't approach or touch jules, because it is too risky for him to get this.
So, scott is a single dad right now taking care of three sick family members and I'm tearing up as I type this because it just feels like too much. I know this is just life, but it feels so cruel not to be able to hold Jules and I just feel run-over. I feel guilty because my RA drugs make me immunosuppressed and when I don't get sleep for nights on end, it shouldn't surprise me that I caught Gigi's fever illness.
Back to bed.
Joy
3 comments:
Feel better and take care of yourself! I had something similar a few weeks ago, leaving me without a voice and terribly feverish. Sleep was key- I slept and sweat like a beast- the sweating was awful, but the sleep was what got me through.
anonymous is really me- Tiffany. I don't know why it didn't post my name despite hitting the button- probably human error. Talk to you later.
Joy, I just sent an email to say I got your card and have been thinking of you. I so wish there were more I could do - clean your house by remote robot, perhaps?
Post a Comment