Did you know babies with lung disease can't breathe when it is over 90 and humid?
So, after a visit to the pediatrician's office this morning, we decided that living without air conditioning is too risky for Jules.
We left our quarters for the past four months for three nights in our previously renovated downstairs. I am having flashbacks of my c-section which was the last time I lived down here because I wasn't able to climb stairs.
Gigi is in one guest room. Jules/joy/scott in the other.
And we are handwashing a lot of bottles because our kitchenette does not have a dishwasher.
Here is the good news. It is 97 outside, but 72 in here. We can swaddle jules in blankets again! Yay!
Jules weighed in at 15 pounds 7 ounces today. Yay! He gained 17 grams a day again. Go Jules Go!
We are holding steady at a 30% reduced lasix dose and preparing for thursday, august 6th's big pulmonary clinic day where we will meet with the team of doctors, the nutritionist, nurses, and of course occupational therapist Keren to discuss julian's progress. Guess what is not on the table?
G-tube surgery! We are ALL so delighted not to be worried about that this week.
Goodnight from 36th avenue.
Joy
2 comments:
Hope you're staying cool. Glad to hear G-tube surgery is off the table.
Think of you as always. I'm off teaching for another month if you ever have time to talk (but of course I understand if you don't.)
Love
Laura
15 lb 7 oz!! That is FANTASTIC! my 2yo only weighs 22 lbs and is very healthy. You go, Jules!
Thank Heaven for A/C.
Post a Comment