CO2 in blood high. So he's back on high flow. That's a regression and part of the broader respiratory mire we'll be in for the next while. They've also reduced his fluids by 10ml/kg to 140ml/kg. In theory less fluid will make less work for him to do, more time for his heart/lungs to get better.
Cranial Ultrasound showed that the ventricle assymetry is less and the one ventricle is still "dilated" but no more so than the before. So this seems ok.
I held him for a good 1.5 hours today. He fell asleep after I sang to him.
And what about the flat head (toaster head). Well..he likes sleeping on his side -- he has breathing issues when he sleeps on his back.
1 comment:
one of the tricks that jan bragg told us was to turn the baby around 180 degrees at some point,so he had to look the opposite way to see everyone. This reduces the opportunity to become asymmetric, and reduces toaster head. I made them do it, and Alison was pretty mad at me. I think she's forgiven me now.
Post a Comment