Wednesday, November 26, 2008

erev thanksgiving

From Julian on Days 46 and 47

From Julian on Days 46 and 47

- Going from 2.0L on high-flow to 3.0L on high flow. This should allow him to take fewer breaths. Right now his respiration rate ranges from 50 resp/m to 110 resp/m. High variance - we'd like to see it be around 60. Also his oxygen requirement is down to 33% with this new change.
- I held him for a good long while last night -- and fell asleep. Joy held him tonight.
- I advocated for a neuro consult for the brain stuff, if it's so rare perhaps having an expert take a look would make sense?
- X-ray coming tomorrow
- Weight gain is less than 20g/day for last 10 days. We'd like to see that go better. Too many changes today, so we wait.
- Are you annoyed with all the mismatched units? I am. Seriously can we stick to imperial or metric. Make up your mind people.

No comments: