His oxygen requirement went as high as 45%.
When I held him tonight at the hospital, his oxygen was at 40%.
A lot of people ask me what it is like to hold him. I LOVE holding him,
but it is a pretty difficult experience.
It is so hard to have a baby that you are only allowed to touch for an hour a day. When we do get to hold him, we have to be very careful with his wires and tubes and promise to sit still with him in a chair for an hour. We hold our breath and hope that he doesn't desat or have a brady and wince each time the machines start beeping, warning us he is getting stressed out or having a hard time breathing. Tonight, thank goodness he did well and his machines were quiet. I got to hold his hand and he snuggled into my skin. It was amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment