Wednesday, January 14, 2009

6 1/2 pounds!

Jules is six and a half pounds now. He had a good day because it was nice and quiet. He just slept and cuddled. 
He is now 47 centimeters in length.
And for anyone who knows how to make a hat -- 35 centimeters around his head.

Scott's computer has been broken for a week, but as soon as the part comes in that he ordered, he will fix it and post some new pictures.

Finally, thank you to Louise. Today, Jules received a box at the hospital. We didn't even know he could receive mail and packages at Children's Hospital. We have never met Louise. She works with scott's sister Merrie in New York. She has been following the blog and occasionally posting encouraging words even though we have never met her. And tonight, we opened a box of presents from her to Jules. So, thank you Louise. That was a truly unexpected and delightful surprise. Jules went to sleep listening to his singing octopus.
Good night,
Joy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful! I am so delighted that Jules is doing better. I am glad the package arrived. The TM Cookie Monster is perhaps more for GiGi, but I had to send one as I have a small friend who was in Children's earlier in 2008 (with a kidney tumor at age 2) and TMCM got everyone laughing through difficult times and Max is now 100%+. Julian and your family are always in my prayers.

The address I used is:

JULES SILVER c/o Scott and Joy and Gigi
Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center (NICU)
P.O. Box 5371
Seattle, WA 98105-0371
United States

I can't find the words to tell you how inspired I am by Jules and your love for Jules. Come on little guy! You can do it!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Louise, you're fabulous. :)