Saturday, January 24, 2009

NICU Crunking

Missing out on all the clubbing we were doing this year was really starting to hurt. So we decided to bring the club to the NICU. I hizopped on the Children's Hospital WiFi and grabbed the latest TI album for my iPhone. Then we cranked the volume up to 10, popped the Alize and just got crunking. Next, we got ourselves a bottle of tequila and drank shots for every pulse ox monitor chirp. Julian got into it too -- especially after we changed his food recipe from 1:1 (breast milk:formula) to 1:1:1 (breast milk:formula:vodka). Imagine what vodka does after passing through the n-d tube - straight into the duodenum. Finally all crunked out Joy and I passed out - she under the breast pump and I under the crib, tangled up with the blood pressure measuring tube.

Also Julian's CO2 and electrolytes were stable today and he weighs just over 7 pounds. But who knows what all that crunking will do?

No comments: