Monday, March 9, 2009

Jules is Home!

From Going Home Day







It is so wonderful to have him here.

We are so very happy and filled with euphoria.
We had our first family dinner, we gave him his meds for the first time, mixed his special food for the first time, took care of his feeding tube and oxygen for the first time, and my favorite -- CHANGED his ng tube out after just a few hours home. Scott did the procedure and we survived.

But, we only managed two binky trainings and skipped his bath. Our nurse is here now and we are going to bed satisfied and exhausted.

Goodnight,
Joy


P.S. For camparison here's Gigi (a lot younger than Jules)



8 comments:

Prof. T. said...

Yeah! Welcome home Jules!

Jen said...

Yay!! Mazel tov!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. What a tremendous milestone. Like another birthday, really. May any subsequent hospitalizations be planned and brief.

PS: We will have a decision in the next week or two.

Reyna said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Reyna

Sally said...

Fantastic!

Look at him doing tummy time! The kid has skills!

This is so great.

Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov,

I am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

whoopee! I am so excited for all of you!

Anonymous said...

whoopeee! I am so excited for all of you.