Thursday, March 5, 2009

No surgery

Horrible day.
The surgeon freaked out and said he did not want to do the surgery. The anesthesiologist freaked out and said she didn't want to put Jules under.
Jules went without food for eight hours and had to live through the pain of an useless IV.  I got really mad and then cried four times.
We are now trying to get home on Monday.
Joy

5 comments:

Mike Meyer said...

Oy vey

Sally said...

Oh my gosh!

So does the surgeon not think the surgery is neccessary? Did the surgeon not consult with you before today? I have been thinking about you all day. I can't believe that you went through this--one more free fall on your rollercoaster ride. ugh.

I hope this change in plans is a blessing in disguise. I am sure Jules wants so badly to be at home with his family!

Prof. T. said...

Am so sorry to hear of another tough day. You've had more than your share.
Have been thinking about you & Jules ever since I got back to NY.
Much love
Laura

Sandra said...

that is absolutely awful. i can't even imagine what an emotional rollercoaster this is. poor jules. i hope you finally get to bring him home on monday.

Anonymous said...

I <3 doctors. :)

Don't tell my husband. Oh, wait, he already knows.