Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Synagis

After many complex negotiations, Jules got his last synagis shot protecting him from RSV today. He was very sad.

He missed out on his meds twice in the past twenty four hours, so appeared to have gained a pound since his last week visit to the doctor. We know it is fluid retention though and feel a bit worried. We are hoping tonight's dose of lasix makes it in.

We are grouchy and not so fun to be with.

Joy

2 comments:

Janine said...

I am so happy you were able to get Synagis for Jules. Our out-of-pocket was going to be $5,000 for the shots, which we could not do. Both kids got RSV, of course, and Isak endured a hospitalization for it. Everything goes to his lungs. I'm so happy to know you won't have to suffer the RSV hospitalization!

Lydia said...

Wow, I had no idea this problem existed! How awful.

I hope Jules' weight is back down and that you're appropriately less cranky as a result. Big hugs.