Thursday, October 30, 2008

day 19 & 20: 2 lbs!

Perhaps, as a sign of stability, we can combined 2 days into 1.

On Wednesday very little happened. He slept, he required about 21-25% oxygen on high flow nasal prongs. He's eating fine. Apparently he had a poop blowout. I'm guessing that was like 5ml for him :-).

His food requirement went up to 5.6 ml/h in accordance with his weigh. The formula is 150ml/kg/day. Technically this may be his "fluids" maximum into which they want to make sure there's sufficient caloric density. To calculate his hourly amount of fluid you take 150ml/kg/day * 892g * 1kg / 1000g * 1day / 24hr = ~5.6ml/h. But I digress, since I don't understand this.

By Thursday morning, he gained enough weight to cross the "magic" 2lb mark - you know 908g.

We held off on holding him yesterday as moving him a bunch seems to piss him off right now. We'll wait for him to get bigger, have bigger lungs, etc.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Yay for poop blowout and 2 lbs! Both good news. We are praying for baby Julian.