Here's what we learned...
respiration - The diuretic seems to have worked somewhat, in that his oxygen requirement is in the low to mid 30s. However, it's still not back under 30. There's lots of talk of "chronic lung disease." Essentially this is a given for most of these premature kids, especially low birth weight ones like Jules. It basically means that through mechanical ventilation his lungs have become damaged. In practice, it just means that he's basically following the normal course. So the next week looks like: see if diuretic worked. Wait till Wednesday. If after Wednesday his oxygen requirement and amount of breathing isn't less, probably give him "chronic" diuretics.
new blast cell - well they found "1" of these in his blood work last night. they're usually indicative of leukemia. but they only found one, and leukemia is rare-to-non-existant in these types of kids. so probably a measurement error.
1 comment:
I am thinking about you guys. You enter my thoughts throughout the day every day. As I was putting my 3yo son (Benjamin) to bed tonight and he prayed for Julian, I thought about what this must be like for you and I just want to give you a hug. ((hug)) I wish I could help.
Lots of love--
Sally
Post a Comment