Wednesday, January 21, 2009

??????

We have no idea what is going on.

Jules co2 was 54 today?
They weren't even sure they believed the test and were skeptical about that number. His electrolyte numbers were slightly better too.
They realized he had stopped growing well and adjusted his caloric intake.
They told us we could avoid CPAP today and that they would decide again based on the numbers tomorrow.

We feel completely turned upside down and have no idea what to plan for or expect. History shows us that after a day of good numbers, the day that comes next is a doozy. And even though I know that and don't want to feel my hopes dashed again, I still can't stop myself from hoping that things will turn around and that maybe tomorrow will be the day he stabilizes and starts a trend toward getting better.

Joy

3 comments:

Wiley Coyote said...

Thinking of you and sending Jules good energy to start a trend towards "good-ness".

Anonymous said...

What a nasty roller-coaster ride you're on. I hope you can appreciate the good days and get past the bad ones as unscathed as possible. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a friend/co-worker of Merrie's and just wanted to say that you have a lot of people praying and pulling for Jules. He is lucky to have such wonderful loving parents. Thanks for letting us get to know this beautiful, tough little guy through the blog.