It was better than we could have even hoped for to see that Julian's heart was not only not enlarged further, not the same, but actually IMPROVED! Thank you for all your prayers and positive energy and love.
Jules had a special bone mineralization test that showed his bones have not been harmed by the steroids and lasix. That, plus the proof that he is not headed toward heart failure right now means that he got a mega dose of prednisone and another dose of lasix tonight and they are going to keep it coming for a while.
He had a special test where he wore an oxygen hood on his head for ten minutes and then tested his arterial blood gas to see a carbon dioxide number in the 50s. This was positive as well.
But, no one really understands what exactly is happening in his lungs to cause his rapid breathing and terrifying carbon dioxide levels, so we are hoping the prednisone will give him a boost this time.
Off to fall into bed. After not sleeping for two days, I can't wait!
Joy
5 comments:
Great great news for Jules and everyone!
Miriam
Fantastic news! I am so happy!
Phew. Phew, phew, phew.
Great news!
I believe you just experienced a miracle. I am so glad to hear this good news! Keep up the positive trend, sweet little Julian.
Post a Comment