I am praying and willing him to turn this around and get the fluid out of his lungs.
The new attending told me that my son is "on thin ice," and "treading water," poised on the edge of intubation and has built up a tolerance to the diuretics that may mean there will be no other choice but to intubate.
I felt sick to my stomach and so angry at the same time at the new doctor, whose first idea was to take away half of his lasix and "see what happens." He told me he was the expert and while I could argue my opinion, he was going to do what he felt best. I argued I was the expert on my son and that having known Julian for 127 days in the hospital, I might know a little about what was in his best interest medically. The conversation got more stressful. Scott came by later to have a chat with the doctor too and you know how bad it is if Scott related that the doctor attacked him verbally and made outlandish claims.
Just what we need right now.
I could not believe that with Julian's numbers getting worse, the doctor's choice was to remove medication. So counter-intutive. The nurses came by to tell me later that the new attending had changed his mind and would leave him on his current dose for a few days to see what happens.
Another roller-coaster of a morning.
And I have a stomach flu.
Honestly, it is getting truly pitiful around here.
Joy
1 comment:
I am so sorry Jules has had another setback and the doctor is not understanding. I don't understand why people who have no compassion decide to work with children.
Post a Comment