Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shopping

We went shopping for Jules today. We hunted for baby monitors, diaper pads, pacifiers, toys, and other supplies. It was really nice to do something "normal," for him to get ready for his arrival at home. Tomorrow, we are setting up his crib. 

We are getting so excited for him to come home.

He spent the day charming the nurses, playing with Gigi, snuggling, snoozing, and binky training. He made his first attempts at laughing on Friday and has discovered his fingers.

Scott learned how to insert the NG tube. It was hard to watch, but easier than I expected.

Julian's cranial ultrasound came back unchanged.

David Loren came to visit and prepare us for Julian's bris via medical circumcision Tuesday night. We are going to have a real brit milah for Jules in the summer, when hopefully he is healthier and able to be around large groups of people.

Goodnight,
Joy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day! Don't forget that you can borrow our swing!

Sally said...

This is so exciting! I am elated for you guys and I hope that Julian will thrive when he gets to be home with his family. I bet you are learning more about oxygen tanks and tubes and drips than you ever wanted to know. It's a good thing you guys are smart!

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys have a good support network going out there. We feel far away. Perhaps we'll move to Seattle to help you out. ;-)