He is 50 centimeters long.
Before coming home, he will have:
A cranial ultrasound
A chest xray
An ENT consult to look at his "tongue tie"
A blood test to check on his bone mineralization
A hearing test - He passed!
A car seat challenge test
A circumcision
Another dose of synagis
A round of immunizations - he had those today.
Scott and I have to learn how to put the nasal gastric tube in, figure out how to administer medications through a medical infusion pump, and learn about how to handle the oxygen tanks coming home with us.
Jules will have to have weekly blood tests at a hospital for his pc02 levels and we will probably see his pediatrician once a week as well as physical and occupational therapy twice a week. He will be followed at the pulmonary clinic as well.
We are very excited and overwhelmed as we coordinate all this stuff and try to hire nursing help to check in on us at home and maybe even work night shifts if we can swing it.
Joy
3 comments:
Amazing about-face from "he may be in the hospital into the summer." Fabulous news. I can't imagine how your life is about to change.
Such wonderful news! I can't wait to see you all. I added myself to the calendar.
Love,
Jen
How exciting! We liked to call the car seat challenge the first "driving test." Another milestone!
Post a Comment