Monday, February 23, 2009

Julian's story

Hi,

I wrote candidly about this entire experience on my dear friend Sally's blog, where she interviewed me about our story:

http://thebossyblog.blogspot.com/

My friend Bonnie did the most important thing you can do for a friend. She spotted signs that I was in potential health danger with my pregnancy and made me go to the doctor. She went so far as to hang up with me on the phone, telling me "I will not talk to you until you hang up and make an appointment with my high-risk preeclampsia specialist." And then she hung up.  So, thank you Bonnie. If I hadn't gone to Dr. Easterling, both or either Julian and I could have died. 

On my friend Sally's blog, she interviews me about the experience and I wrote about the signs that Bonnie saw.  I hope other people will read about them and keep their eyes on their pregnant friends, so that they can be in a position to help someone else someday.

Joy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joy, you have such an honest and touching way with words. Thank you for linking us to that interview. I hope Jules' forward progress continues unabated.

Emily said...

Joy, I loved that interview. Thanks for answering so candidly and sharing your wisdom and compassion so sincerely. I wrote a longer comment at the Bossy blog.

Your family is beautiful. I love the photo of Scott and Julian w/Scott laughing. It is heartening to see an image like that after all you've been through.

Sally said...

Thank you again for letting me interview you. It was a great experience for me!